Sunday, September 20, 2009
PowerPoint & Google Presentation
My Google Docs PowerPoint presentation covers a topic I cover every year in my Conceptual Math classes - the Pros and Cons of Credit Cards. I spent a good deal of time just playing with the program; figuring out how to import images and format the slide backgrounds. After completing the presentation I saved the PowerPoint as a Google Doc so it could be uploaded to my blog page.(I did this before I realized that the next assignment was a Google Docs Upload). I noticed that I lost the slide transitions and the sound effects in this process. I found this VERY discouraging, considering the amount of time I spent creating the original PowerPoint. I then used Slide Share to upload the presentation, and that is the one you see above. I still lost the slide transitions and the sound effects, however, it still copied better than the Google Docs. I have used pre-made PowerPoints in my classes, and I have had my students use PowerPoint presentations on certain projects. After completing this PowerPoint I feel much more comfortable with the program. The presentation I created for this assignment will be the first self-made PowerPoint I will use in my classes, though I will use the original PowerPoint and NOT the one I saved to my blog. Also, I am concerned about the length of the PowerPoint. The number slides required for this assignment seems excessive. If I take time to engage in a class discussion with each slide, this presentation will take days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree with you. The idea of a power point is to have a visual that you can then talk about. The length of ours is unrealistic and could never be finished in a class period.
ReplyDelete